12 3 / 2013
But then this happened
Before you call for any new and magical powers for a government agency imagine someone who you oppose intellectually and morally on every level being given access to those powers with impunity. If your argument for your own political beneficence is so utterly lacking in intellectual or charismatic fortitude that it relies on the impunity of state action - you’d do well to think about what impacts that would have when you’re forced to give up the reigns that control such power. As the good Dr Ian Malcolm said “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”.
- jeremystevens reblogged this from phetdreams
- drbuttocks reblogged this from phetdreams and added:
- benrhughes reblogged this from phetdreams
- sunili likes this
- takeustoyourleader likes this
- seeyouattwo said: I don’t necessarily get to enjoy agreeing with you every often Dan, but in this case I do.
- phetdreams posted this